"Change occurs when one becomes what he/she is, not when he/she tries to become what he is not"
30 Tips for Recovering Love Addicts
1) Don't date because you need to validate your sense of self or are desperate.
2) Don't marry because you are miserable or don't want to be alone.
3) Don't have kids because you think it would make things better.
4) Don't associate with people you can't trust.
5) Don't manipulate, control, cheat, lie, or be someone you're not.
6) Don't sleep around to get revenge.
7) Don't sell yourself short.
8) Don't give up your values to be with someone.
9) Don't stagnate!
10) Don't regress, go back to old patterns that bring you pain.
11) Forgive yourself if you make mistakes; we're all human.
12) Don't stay stuck in the past. Time can't bring anything or anyone back; sometimes, that's a good thing.
13) Don't put your life on hold for a "Prince" or "Princess".
14) Don't throw your life away with a partner who brings misery.
15) Learn a new skill; read a book; share and be authentic.
16) Find a new friend; one who is respectful; honest; and supportive.
17) Start a new career if you're unhappy in your current one.
18) Realize, sometimes, there is no race to be won, only a price to be paid.
19) To minimize your loneliness, attend support group, volunteer, do positive affirmations.
20) Realize, if you are alone or feeling lonely, it doesn't't mean you're e not worthy.
21) Nurture yourself; know you are worthy of self love/self care.
22) Reparent your inner child; tell him or her you are intrinsically valuable.
23) To increase happiness, pursue your passions & be the best you can be.
24) Let go of unrealistic expectations.
25) Get rid of destructive elements in your life: abusive friends, nasty habits, toxic liaisons.
26) Be responsible for your choices; you are an adult, not a child.
27) Don't abandon your responsibilities but don't overdose on duty.
28) Don't live life recklessly without thought and feeling for your family, friends, and especially yourself.
29) Don't commit when you are not ready.
30) Don't strive fro perfection, it's impossible; strive for excellence.
Love Addiction Recovery Steps to Take Right Now:
Unravel the intricate dynamics of relationships between the love addict and avoidant
The LOVE ADDICT in Love Addiction, by Jim Hall, MS
-- Self Help Workbooks
Learn the essentials of starting a healthy road to breaking your dependency...
GATEWAY to Recovery: The Beginners Recovery Book For Love Addicts
-- Schedule a Telephone Session with Jim- Love Addiction & Relationship Specialist